The following are generalised expectations of student healthcare professional17.
- be punctual and reliable
- behave in a responsible, reliable and dependable manner
- project a professional image in your manner, dress, speech, and interpersonal relationships
- treat other health professionals with respect and courtesy
- place concern for clients above personal requirements for study and social activities
- wear identification badges on a lanyard at all times
- be aware that supervisor and other staff need to meet their daily work requirements in addition to providing learning opportunities for students
- be aware of and follow the guidelines of the Privacy Act especially when dealing with patients in order to protect their privacy
- identify and report any unsafe situations or where you believed you are being put at undue risk.